Quite a hoard!
But the fun couldn’t stop there…on my way to and from work I’ve been passing a farm selling pumpkins of all shapes and sizes and well…I’m like a kiddy in a sweetie shop, and I just can’t resist. I think they’re so lovely, and I really do adore being able to bring the outside in!
So with another hoard of pumpkins the children and I set to creating with paint, glitter,sequins and glue and the end results are just lovely. So colourful, so much fun.
Pumpkin painting is a great craft for children to do what ever their age. Traditional pumpkin carving is so tricky and dangerous for little hands, but this is something everyone can have fun with.
How To Paint Pumpkins – A Pumpkin Carving Alternative
You Will Need:
- Poster paint or acrylic paint
- White glue (PVA, Elmers)
- A selection of decorations e.g., glitter, sequins, buttons etc.
- Paint your pumpkin in your chosen colour/colours and allow to dry. My son chose every colour possible and I think the end result is just beautiful!
- Lightly Brush on the glue where ever you want to put your decorations.
- Apply your decorations and allow to dry.
I’m sure you’ll agree the end results are just so lovely.
I love that it’s a great activity for the whole family to do together and a great opportunity to go wild with the glitter. You can never have too much glitter!
Here’s some products you might find useful for this project…
…And remember, you can get every post sent straight to your inbox by subscribing below so you never miss out on the fun. It’s completely free and your e-mail address won’t be shared anywhere.
Or why not pop along to our Facebook page, it’s a great place to chat.