These muffins never cease to amaze me. It’s a simple throw it all in and hey presto recipe, that doesn’t require any cream the butter and sugar together and slowly add the eggs bit by bit nonsense. Perfect and quick muffins every time. Where’s the magic? It says it makes 12 but there’s only ever 5!
A recipe dedicated to my gorgeous sister who loves cake.
Magic Cherry and Almond Muffins
12 5 big fat muffins;
- 150g soft butter
- 150g of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150g self-raising flour
- a couple of drops of almond essence
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g glace cherries
- 50g flaked almonds
- food processor
- 12 large muffin paper cases and tin.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and pop your paper cases into the muffin tin.
- Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, almond essence and ground almonds into the food processor and blend for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Chop the cherries and stir into the mix.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases.
- Sprinkle on the flaked almonds
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 2o minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Taste one hot straight from the oven with a well earnt cup of coffee.
- When cooled place on a pretty cake stand and eat another as there’s sure to be too many to fit on.
- Look carefully at your masterful display and eat that one that’s a bit wonky looking, you wouldn’t want someone else to have to have that one would you?
- Cherries are a fruit right? So another cake would count as one of your five a day surely. So sit down again with another cuppa and enjoy your fruity fix relaxing in the knowledge that it is good for you.
- Now think about all those almonds. Have you had your protein today? No, I didn’t think so! You owe it to yourself to tuck into another.
- Now quite a lot of time has passed and people will be coming home soon and want to share them. It is your duty to check that they are still fresh and tasty. Savour another, making sure they are as delicious as you remember.
- They are still wonderful so have a cake to celebrate being such a fantastic baker.
- Put your remaining 5 cakes on a smaller plate ready for sharing with anyone that’s quick enough.
I’d love to hear how the magic
worked for you.
2012 © My Little 3 and Me