We love creating homemade Mother’s Day gifts and this year we’ve been making…
(Message to my mum…look away now if you’re reading this!)
…these gorgeous hanging beaded and pasta hearts. They can be made in a range of sizes and are really simple for even very young tots to help with. They look so pretty hanging anywhere, a perfect gift for any loved Mummy or Grandma.
How To Make A Mother’s Day Beaded Heart
You will need
- Florist wire (Or DIY wire that is easily bendable.)
- Coloured beads (We used wooden beads but any would do.)
- Thread or ribbon for hanging.
- Decide how big you want your heart and cut a length of wire accordingly. remember to leave a little extra wire for fastening.
- Thread on your chosen beads until the wire is full except for the last couple of centimeters.
- Fold the wire in half to mark the bottom of the heart and then twist the two wire ends together tightly and snip off any excess wire.
- Bend the fastened ends towards the folded middle to form the heart shape.
- Hang your ribbon or thread over the twisted join and give your beautiful heart to someone you love.
We also used the same method to make these pretty pasta hanging hearts too. Simply paint your pasta and allow to dry, then thread it onto the wire just as shown for the beaded heart above. I love these because they are truly homemade through and through and the children can choose or mix the colours they really want. We also found that the pasta was much lighter than the wooden beads so we could make much larger hearts without the wire losing its shape.
2012-2013 © My Little 3 and Me