I recently won a prize of lots of wonderful sugar pastes from Sugar and Crumbs. I wanted to use them to make some wintery penguin biscuits but didn’t have any penguin shaped cutters so I made my own.
Easily make your own cookie cutters from a plastic bottle.
Here’s how to do it…
- 1 large plastic bottle
- thin wire
1. Cut off the top and bottom of the bottle so you are left with a tube.
2. Cut the tube in half lengthways.
3. Cut the bottle in to strips about 2.5cm wide.
4. Staple 2 strips together to make a long strip.
5. Lay your strip out flat and tape a piece of wire along the middle of the complete length of the plastic.
6. Using your paper template, bend your wired strip to the desired shape.
Here is our free printable template for penguin shaped cutters.
7. Tape the ends of the strip together once you’ve made your desired shape.
Here’s our end result…
My boys loved making different penguin characters.
You can find our tasty penguin biscuit recipe here.
2013 © My Little 3 and Me