Are you Looking for the perfect Father’s Day craft? Do you find men harder to ‘craft for’ than women? We certainly do and this time of year gets us scratching our heads for a special Father’s Day craft that will show how much we care.
This Father’s Day we toyed with the idea of making another tried and tested desk tidy, and although we do love them we really felt there are only so many desk tidies, however wonderful, that one Daddy’s desk can cope with!
So we racked our brains and came up with a new Father’s Day craft, these bright and colourful Personalised Neckties. We love the simplicity of them; even the youngest of children can join in with the making and they can be adorned with pictures of all of Daddy’s favourite things or even a special little message. We think any Daddy, Grandad or Uncle would be proud to wear one of these Personalised Neckties and hey, you and the kiddies could go wild and they could even have a different one for every day of the week!
Father’s Day Craft – How To Make A Personalised Necktie
You Will Need: (Makes 2 neckties)
- A4 card
- Hole punch
- Felt pens
- Fold the A4 card in half lengthways and use pencil to draw out the tie shape. Use the picture as a guide and remember the tabs at the top. I made our neckties quite wide so the children had lots of drawing space but you could always do a narrower shape if you prefer.
- Keep the card folded and cut out the necktie shape to give you two matching ties.
- Colour and decorate as you choose. You could add, glitter, sequins, pom-poms, even photographs. I think anything goes; most Daddies will be game to wear anything made by the hands of their little ones!
- Punch a small hole in each tab and thread with elastic.
- Ta-Dah!!! Finished. How easy was that?
We’ve also got a super cute Monster Hug Father’s Day Card that the kiddies will love to make.
We’d love to show off your children’s creations or Daddies wearing them so why not pop by and share your photographs of them on our Facebook page.
We hope you have lots of fun making your Personalised Neckties. Do leave us a comment, we love to hear your thoughts. x
© My Little 3 and Me 2012-2013