(This post contains affiliate links.)
Christmas is such a great time to get the children enjoying festive crafts but it’s also often such a busy time for grown-ups too. So easy Christmas crafts for kids are what’s called for and these adorable Candy Cane Tree Decorations are just that! Easy to get ready, pretty much mess free and super quick to tidy away again. The children get to practise those fine motor skills and the end results are super cute candy canes to hang on the Christmas tree for everyone to enjoy.
Easy Christmas Crafts For Kids
Candy Cane Tree Decorations
You Will Need:
- [amazon text=Red Pipe Cleaners&asin=B001FX5GRS]
- [amazon text=White Pipe Cleaners&asin=B001FX7D4W]
- Optional: [amazon text=Beads&asin=B008FNMX90]
Sometimes it’s nice to be able to watch and listen to instructions so here’s a short video showing you what we did and ways to support and extend your children’s learning with this candy cane tree decoration craft. (Scroll down for the written instructions.)
- Cut the pipe cleaners to 15cm lengths.
- Take one red and one white pipe cleaner and twist them tightly together.
- Bend over one end to make the hook.
- Optional: Thread a bead or two onto the ends of the pipe cleaners.
- Alternative: Completely cover a single pipe cleaner in beads and bend into shape.
- Beads can be secured with a dab of glue or by folding over the very end of the pipe cleaners.
Such a simple, pretty and fun activity.
Here’s some materials you might find useful for this project.
Come and say ‘Hello’ to My Little 3 and Me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter, and click Subscribe to receive our posts straight to your email.