(This post may contain affiliate links.)
Want to know how to make chocolate tree decorations? You will love how easy it is!
Making chocolate tree decorations is such a lovely Christmas activity for the whole family to do together whatever their age and of course the children will adore hanging their pretty creations on the Christmas tree and enjoy taking them off and eating them even more!
How To Make Chocolate Tree Decorations
You Will Need:
- 100 g bar of white chocolate
- 100g bar of milk chocolate
- A selection of Christmas cake decorating toppings such as sprinkles, hundreds and thousands, silver balls etc.
- Thread or ribbon for hanging
- Greaseproof paper
- Cut your thread into twenty 20cm lengths.
- Fold each thread in half and knot the two ends together to form a loop.
- Lay the thread loops in rows onto the greaseproof paper about 5cm apart.
- Break your chocolate up and put each type into its own bowl.
- Melt your chocolate over a pan of hot water or in the microwave.
- Put a teaspoon of chocolate onto the knot of each thread.
- Have fun going crazy with the decorations.
- Leave to set and hang them on the tree.
This activity offers all the fun of the dreaded glitter Christmas crafts without the trail of glitter everywhere for weeks afterwards. And of course you get to eat them too, a win, win situation in my book.
Wrapped up they also make really pretty Christmas goodie bags ideal for school Christmas bazaars and parties.
Here’s some fabulous Cristmas sprinkles you can use for this fun project…
…And remember, you can get every post sent straight to your inbox by subscribing below so you never miss out on the fun. It’s completely free and your e-mail address won’t be shared anywhere.
Or why not pop along to our Facebook page, it’s a great place to chat.
2012 © My Little 3 and Me